Friday, January 4, 2008

Intro to 12 Blogs of Christmas

German Christmas Trivia:
  1. Which two reindeer on Santa’s sleigh have German names?
    a. Donner and Blitzen
    b. Harry and Sally
    c. Rudolph and Adolf

    Extra points if you guessed (b), but the correct answer is of course Donner and Blitzen. I was surprised to discover (during the weather chapter in my class) that Donner and Blitzen mean Thunder and Lightning. That’s just shocking! (laugh here.)
    ....................
  2. Who do German children send their Christmas Wish lists to?
    a. St. Nikolaus
    b. The Pope (he is from Regensburg)
    c. Kristkind (the Christ child)

    My guess is that most of you chose (a), which is gonna cost you. The correct answer is is (c) the Christ child. “Dear Baby Jesus, It’s me Heath. I’m wondering if this year instead of world peace (or salvation) I could get Guitar Hero 3.”


Anyway…Hope you all had a wonderful holiday. Tim and I spent our vacation gypsying around (verb?) the Continental US in true Klaus fashion. I apologize for not keeping the blog updated, but there just wasn’t enough time to write. It was a little strange, ever since I’ve lived in Germany I’ve written something, whether it be journal or blog or nonsensical ramblings (mostly the latter) every single day. Writing is honestly one of two things that keeps my feet on the ground. (The other one being Tim.) I did write a little on the plane, but the moment I touched US soil, I did not write one single word. Ok not true, I did do my fair share of texting. But typing ‘I M 2 BZ 2 P’, although clever, is not exactly my most impressive work. But I’m back at it now. Thought I’d just write a few chapters from our journey to catch you all up to date. Never fear, can't imagine I'll actually write 12 chapters. Hope you enjoy. Miss you already.

No comments: